
Andrew and I both had dentist appointments today. This was the second time that I've taken Andrew to have his teeth cleaned. The first time was last summer and he wouldn't even open his mouth! So I've been reading a book my sister gave him about going to the dentist. I really think it helped this time to prepare him, plus he's older and it is my sister who cleans our teeth. He jumped right up into the chair to go for a 'ride'. You can see 'Daddy' came with us and he's holding onto some trains from the kids waiting room.

Watching Auntie as she gets ready... purple gloves, face mask and a 'necklace' for Andrew!

Showing Andrew the mirror and all the tools she's going to use.

Using the mirror to see Auntie's teeth first.

Andrew was ready and opening his mouth before Auntie was ready to clean his teeth!

Counting all of Andrew's teeth

Dr. Vala checking Andrew's teeth. Andrew was shy and wouldn't talk, but he opened his mouth so Dr. Vala could see inside! Everything looked good!

All done!

Picking out a special toothbrush and toothpaste. Now all he wants to do is brush his teeth! I guess it could be worse!

Brushing the big teeth while waiting for mommy to be finished getting her teeth cleaned.
Here's a couple minutes of video ... I knew Chaz would want to see it. I also needed it as proof for my family that Andrew actually cooperated and had his teeth cleaned!
This is just what I needed! Maya has a dentist appointment on Wednesday and I'm hoping she'll let them clean her teeth. Last time she only let them count them and and rinse them with water (Mr. Squirty and Mr. Thirsty were introduced). Maybe when she sees Andrew, she'll let the hygienist "tickle" her teeth this time! Thanks!
ReplyDelete