
Our little chatterbox playing with Little Miss Chatterbox. My mom and I went shopping and picked up a handful of little toys and candies that we then wrapped, for the kids to open during the long road trip.

Andrew playing with a car game, a gift from his buddy, River.

Precious and rare!!

Playing peek-a-boo with her blanket. I realize that it isn't fun being the driver on a super long road trip (20 hours from Ohio to Texas), HOWEVER, I would challenge anyone that the passenger has a harder job when traveling with kids! I got a few 'breaks' and drove for a couple hours here and there, but even with a dvd player, it is hard to keep two toddlers happy for that length of time.

The temperatures were getting hotter and hotter as we made our way to Texas. Due to the high heat and traveling with the dogs, we had to eat our meals (when we weren't at a hotel) in the car. The reason I have so few pictures of our travels is because there are so few happy and/or sleeping pictures! I was too busy dealing with tantrums, finding sippy cups, refilling sippy cups, dishing out snacks, washing sticky hands/faces/legs, changing diapers & dirty clothes, etc. to take pictures the rest of the time! We made it to Texas the evening of the 28th, found a hotel for the night, then did the walk through of our new house on the afternoon of the 29th. After the walk through, we got back in the car and drove the 2-2.5 hours to San Antonio for two days of R & R. We drove back to College Station the afternoon of July 1st and moved into our new house on the 2nd. I'm leaving out lots of details b/c I'm trying to forget them! We closed that following Monday and we couldn't be happier to be getting settled into our new home and new routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment